We are pleased to present you below the final technical program of the ExtremeCom worskhop 2009. The workshop starts on Saturday 8th August with a 5-day hike into the mountains, before reaching Staloluokta on Wednesday. The talk sessions are then opened on Wednesday afternoon and scheduled as follows, until Friday morning.
16.00 - Arriving in Saltoluokta, and check-in to rooms.
17.00 - Opening Session:
- Welcome by chairs
- Keynote: The Importance of Time,
by Elwyn Davies, Managing Director at Folly Consulting Ltd.
18.30 - Dinner.
N.B.: Demos will be available to view during breaks this day.
9.00-10.30 - Testing and Evaluation:
11.00-12.00 - Invited talk:
- Communication from the Perspective of an Indigenous People,
by Fritz åke Kuoljok, reindeer herder and arctic regional editor for www.indigenousportal.com.
12.00-13.30 - Lunch.
13.30-14.30 - Management:
15.00-16.00 - Invited talk:
- A Path to Sámi Society - Sámi Traditional Knowledge and Cultural Understanding. Examples from Research in the Educational Arena in Sápmi,
by Asta Mitkijá Balto, associate professor at Sámi university college in Guovdageaidnu, Norway.
16.30-18.30 - Routing and Forwarding:
18.30 - Workshop Dinner and presentation about traditional Sámi life
9.00-10.30 - Social Networks:
10.30-11.00 - Closing session: comments from the chairs
Demos (during breaks in the program for Thursday)
- Franck Legendre, Gergely Csucs, Bernhard Distl, Martin May, Vincent Lenders, Gunnar Karlsson, Dominik Schatzmann, and Bernhard Plattner.
PodNet Demo: Reporters Without (connectivity) Borders.
- Eiko Yoneki and Fehmi Ben Abdesslem.
Finding a Data Blackhole in Bluetooth Scanning.
- Earl Oliver.
Enabling the Next Frontier in Mobile Applications.
- Christian Rohner and Erik Nordström.
On the Opportunities of Searching.
- Md. Tarikul Islam, Anssi Turkulainen, Teemu Kärkkäinen, Mikko Pitkänen and Jörg Ott.
Practical Voice Communications in Challenged Networks.